- → Roy’s Mental Health Pros’ Workbook for Simple and Sane HIPAA Security Compliance: This simple, convenient, and money-saving tool will take you through the real steps of HIPAA Security compliance, including guiding you through the Risk Analysis process that Roy and Dr. Zur talk about in the video. Learn More→
- Roy’s webinar series on Digital Confidentiality and HIPAA for mental health clinicians
- Dr. Zur’s Courses on HIPAA:
- Digital Ethics, Security & Privacy in Practice Management (with Roy!)
- HIPAA Compliance Update 2013 (with Roy!)
- HIPAA Security and Privacy in Psychotherapy, Counseling and Mental Health Practices (with Roy!)
- HIPAA’s Patient Access Rights: What Patients & Providers Need to Know
- HIPAA Compliance Made Simple Package Deal (22 hours)
- HIPAA Compliance Kit, Updated in 2014!
Clinicians are motivated by relationships, not fear. Our relationship with HIPAA has been rocky at best for a long time, but it doesn’t have to be that way.
Roy and Dr. Zur will answer common questions, and provide concrete guidance and tools to help you understand how to work with HIPAA in a professionally-affirming way that is in integrity with the goals of mental health clinicians: caring for our clients, nurturing their growth, and protecting their interests while we also protect our practices.
Come join Ofer Zur, PhD and Roy Huggins, LPC NCC to learn how we already have some of the expertise and tools we need to turn towards HIPAA, integrate it into our practices, and end the rockiness.
Ofer Zur, PhD is a licensed psychologist with a private psychotherapy practice in Sonoma, CA. He is also the director of the Zur Institute, LLC, which offers over 170 online continuing education courses for psychologists, counselors, social workers, nurses and other mental health practitioners.
Dr. Zur writes and teaches on ethics, critical thinking, boundaries, dual relationships, therapy in the digital age, and many other topics. He taught at graduate schools for many years, and his books include Dual Relationships and Psychotherapy (2002), HIPAA Compliance Kit (2005), The Complete Fee-for-Service Private Practice Handbook (2005), and Boundaries in Psychotherapy (2007).
Dr. Zur is a fellow of APA Division 42.
Roy Huggins, LPC NCC is a counselor in private practice who also directs Person-Centered Tech. Roy worked as a professional Web developer for 7 years before changing paths, and makes it his mission to grow clinicians’ understanding of the Internet and other electronic communications mediums for the future of our practices and our professions.
Roy also acts as Technology Chair for the Oregon Counseling Association, is an adjunct instructor at the Portland State University Counseling program where he teaches Ethics, and is a member of the Zur Institute advisory board. He routinely consults with mental health colleagues on ethical and practical issues surrounding tech in clinical practice.