The Core: Continuing Education
Ethical. Efficient. Effective.
Your Center is your Clients. Our Center is You.
Continuing Education is an important part of developing, motivating and engaging in your work as a clinician. PCT has designed our continuing education program to allow you to earn your CE hours while helping you provide your gold standard of ethical, client-centered care in your practice through practical, actionable education on digital security and technology practices.
PCT’s membership program provides you with continuing education courses to understand the use of technology and what is expected of you in professional ethics codes, and how to navigate the requirements of HIPAA. Our goal is to demystify the legal and technical jargon to present you with information that is clear and actionable. We filter the noise and overwhelm of technology to present you with the most impactful guidance that will translate directly to your client care.
The Core education includes 11.5+ CE hours in the following courses:
HIPAA Investigation Repellent: Easy Ways to Prevent Most Security Breaches (1 CE hr.) See Brochure→
The easiest, most basic ideas for preventing security breaches and avoiding HIPAA investigations. A Cliff Note’s version of PCT and a great place to start.
Engaging in HIPAA Security and Digital Confidentiality as a Mental Health Professional (9 CE hrs.) See Brochure→
A comprehensive course that will support HIPAA Security compliance with particular attention to technology and digital ethics. The course uses a combination of video, articles, and learning activities with the intention that you can apply what you learn in order to perform partial risk analysis, and to make choices around technology adoption/use that will enable you to achieve and maintain compliance with the HIPAA Security Rule and relevant ethical codes.
The Ethical Private Practice (1.5 CE hrs.) See Brochure→
Handles the basic legal-ethical issues relevant to starting and maintaining a mental health private practice, including using practice management technology.
We do the nerdy so you don’t have to!
Our Stellar Rating!
out of 5
Average (mean) rating for “Overall Evaluation” given by readers who completed our Digital Confidentiality 101 course.
Special Topical CEs
The “CE for OH” program gives our members additional and fresh CE opportunities on an ongoing basis — both live and recorded. CE program topics are chosen based on what members have been asking us about, and members are empowered to influence the topics of future sessions with their requests. The last Office Hours session of each month (with the exception of August and December) is designated as a CE session. Members can join us live or watch the recording on-demand at their convenience, whichever way works to receive the valuable information and earn CE credit while doing so.
|November CE for OH: Legally Practicing Across Borders: A Detailed Survey of Interstate and International Telemental Health Practice
Members Currently Can Immediately Access:
- Legally Practicing Across Borders: A Detailed Survey of Interstate and International Telemental Health Practice (1 CE)
- Dealing with Insurance: How Auditors Think and Why — with special guest presenter Maelisa Hall, Psy.D. (1 CE)
- Using Online Disinhibition Effect for Good in Telemental Health (1 CE)
- How to Text with Your Clients Session 2: Boundaries, Professionalism, and Competence (1 CE)
- How to Identify HIPAA Protected Health Information: Finding Your Clients’ Sensitive Information Wherever It Goes (1 CE)
- How to Text with Your Clients Session 1: Ethics, Safety & HIPAA Compliance (1 CE)
- How to Make Ethical & HIPAA Compliant Decisions for Internet Phone & Secure Email in Your Practice. (1 CE)
- How to Have an Ethical and HIPAA-Compliant Web Presence Episode 1: Considerations for Therapist Websites and Practice Profiles (1 CE)
- How to Have an Ethical and HIPAA-Compliant Web Presence Episode 2: Message Boards, Social Media, and Listserves (1 CE)
- Performing HIPAA-Compliant Risk Analysis: A Guided How-To for Mental Health Professionals (1 CE)
- How to Create and Use HIPAA Security Policies and Procedures (1 CE)
- How to Create a HIPAA-Compliant Contingency Plan (1 CE)
Oh yeah… a great side effect to this process is your practice management becoming more effective and efficient!
Like very few others, Mr. Huggins can present with warmth and clarity on complex issues that most therapists wonder about in simple, understandable language.
This was the best webinar I have ever attended in 3 decades of practice. It’s the nuts and bolts in a clear manner and you are very funny too.
Roy you are one of the best teachers I have ever run across in my life.
Efficient. Ethical. Effective.
Q & A about The Core Education
- How do I access and get the certificate?
- Register securely through our website.
- Study the course materials. Take as long as you like, and as many sittings as you like, to complete them.
- Complete the evaluation and post-test. You may retry the post-test as many times as you need. Once you pass, all the correct answers will be shown to you so you can know where you got things right or wrong.
- Your CE certificate will then be presented to you for printing! CE certificates will be dated in the Pacific time zone.
2. Do I have to watch all of the videos?
PCT has designed our material to work as a suggested pathway, but also to be easy to navigate for your specific needs. A great way to get started is by submitting a question to Office Hours where Roy can help you create a customized plan for your own education journey. We do suggest watching all the videos since you will need the CE.
3. Who gets CE credit?
PCT is nationally approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Our courses have been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6582. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. In addition our Continuing Education State Approvals: Pre-approved by the Texas Social Work Board (#6357) and Texas Counseling Board (#1883), Ohio CSWMFT Pre-Approved Provider #: RCST071601, and New York State Board for Social Work #SW-0540.