Person Centered Tech Support
The team at Person Centered Tech is powered by Roy Huggins, one of mental health’s top experts on practice technology, HIPAA, and digital ethics. We invite you to explore this page for a preview of the services and support available to members. If you’d like a personalized consultation to discuss how membership could benefit YOU, call or write to set up a free 10-minute talk.
Live Office Hours Sessions 4 Times/MonthSubmit your questions whenever they arise. Get them answered in the next Office Hours session. Attend live and discuss your question or watch the recording on your own time. Your choice.
Watch Every Session EverNo limits! You have access to every video and article in the entire support archive. That means every past episode of Office Hours and the entire library in the Video Help Center.
Find Your QuestionEvery question addressed in every Office Hours session is displayed along with the session video. You can search for your question and see if it has already been answered. No need to sift through hours of video. You can go right to what you need.
Step-by-Step Demos For YOUR Tech
Get clear guidance and demos in the Video Help Center to help you manage your tech. Videos for Mac, Windows, iPhone/iPad, and Android cover important how-to changes, like encrypting your computer.
How Office Hours Works
Instead of paying steep prices to consult with an expert one time, Person-Centered Tech Support members get the benefit of ongoing support to keep up with tech/legal changes relevant to the mental health field. Four times per month, members are invited to a 90-minute virtual Office Hours session. This is an exclusive opportunity to “Just Ask Roy” your therapy tech questions and get the answers you need, straight from the expert.
You can submit questions to Person-Centered Tech beforehand and we’ll do the research to figure out how to answer them. You can watch recordings of Office Hours sessions after they happen, so you don’t even have to attend live in order to submit questions and get answers. Check out these four sample Office Hours videos to see what’s in store for you as a Person-Centered Tech Support member!
Check Out These Office Hours Sample Videos
9.5 CE Hours Included
Person Centered Tech offers many different CE courses covering HIPAA security, technology, and digital ethics. Included for free with your membership are the most essential and popular courses, valued at over $160. When you subscribe to Person Centered Tech Support you’ll have the opportunity to earn 9.5 CE hours with the following courses:
- HIPAA Investigation Repellent: Easy Ways to Prevent Most Security Breaches. 1 CE hour delivered via video. You’ll get the easiest, most basic ideas for preventing security breaches and avoiding HIPAA investigations.
- Digital Confidentiality Level 101. 1 CE hour delivered via video, text, and self-check polls. You’ll get a gentle introduction to the basic concepts of HIPAA and security risk management specific to mental health professionals.
- Digital Confidentiality Level I. 3 CE hours delivered via video, text, and self-check polls. You’ll get lots of concrete examples to break down the nitty gritty of how HIPAA, professional ethics, and security really work in practice with email, phone, texting, and online therapy.
- Digital Confidentiality Level II. 3 CE hours delivered via video, text, and self-check polls. You’ll get guidance with risk analysis and how to start developing a therapy-affirming risk management plan, as well as ways to make the most of cloud technology in practice.
- The Ethical Private Practice. 1.5 CE hours delivered via video. You’ll get a handle on the basic legal-ethical issues relevant to starting and maintaining a mental health private practice, including using practice management technology.
Person Centered Tech, LLC is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Person Centered Tech, LLC maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Person-Centered Tech, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6582. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Person-Centered Tech, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Pre-approved by the Texas Social Work Board (#6357) and Texas Counseling Board (#1883)
Ohio CSWMFT Pre-Approved Provider #: RCST071601*
California clinicians: CE approval is through APA and NBCC.
*Ohio Clinicians: the Ohio CSWMFT does not approve the following course: Video Presentation Skills in Telemental Health, Both Basic and Intermediate
HIPAApropriateness Product Reviews
Need to know if that product or service you’ve been eyeing will meet your HIPAA and security needs? Just ask Roy! If you are a Person Centered Tech Support member, you can ask us to review whatever products/services you want, whenever you need. And you have exclusive access to the full details of existing HIPAApropriateness reviews.
HIPAApropriateness reviews cover the HIPAA and security issues involved in any given company and its products/services. Person Centered Tech saves members time and money by doing the research for you. We give thorough feedback on the company’s trustworthiness and compliance efforts, as well as guidance on how to remain a HIPAA-compliant practitioner while using the product/service.
HIPAApropriateness reviews help Person Centered Tech Support members stay on top of ever-evolving technology, so that you can take advantage of those products/services that will best serve you and your clients.
Sample HIPAApropriateness Review Summary
An Unnamed Practice Management System's Review Summary
An Unnamed Financial Service's Review Summary
Check Out These Demo Videos from the Help Center
Video Help Center
Person Centered Tech has put together a library of demos about how to manage and make important changes to your tech, in order to support you in getting the most benefit out of your devices while being conscientious of the law and ethics. This members-only video collection is your go-to resource for questions like, “How do I…?”
The Video Help Center contains clear, thorough, step-by-step demos specific to:
- Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7
Check out these four demo videos to see what’s available to you as a Person Centered Tech Support member!
Person Centered Tech Support MembershipYearly Membership
- • Freedom to submit your personal questions to Office Hours
- • Live and recorded access to Office Hours 4 times/month
- • Unlimited access to Office Hours archive videos
- • Earn 9.5 CE hours for online training about HIPAA and digital ethics
- • Full access to all existing HIPAApropriateness reviews
- • Privilege to submit requests for new HIPAApropriateness reviews
- • Unlimited access to the Video Help Center
- • Heavily discounted 1-on-1 consultation with Roy Huggins