December 3, 2021
The response in the wake of the loss of PCT founder and director, our friend, Roy Huggins LPC NCC, has deeply moved us. The outpouring of support, and the shared reflections on who Roy was to each of you and his impact on your practices, and in your lives, is a source of comfort and strength. We are so grateful that Roy brought us all together to walk this life journey at this moment in time.
As we promised last week, we have been hard at work rolling out the plans and support system Roy left behind. Here’s what we know:
Group Practice Office Hours and Office Hours, our direct support and consultation services (available through Practice Care Premium,) will continue with our consulting team. We also look forward to having Eric Ström, JD PhD LPC, at more Group Practice Office Hours, and at the occasional Office Hours too!
Our CE program is an integral part of how PCT creates and curates responsive resources based on the needs we are uniquely positioned to identify in the professional community. Our CE offerings are one of our primary mechanisms for equipping you with the knowledge and practical application tools for navigating the regulatory and technology changes that impact your practice context.
Behind the scenes of our CE program, we have a wonderful advisory board. We are expanding our advisory board to include more of the expert colleagues that Roy (and our team) have worked collaboratively with over the lifetime of PCT, and they will be supporting our CE training program in a wider capacity. We look forward to continuing to work closely with our advisory board in order to bring you enriching trainings to meet your CE requirements.
Rob Reinhardt, LPCS, M.Ed., NCC, the CEO of Tame Your Practice, the Rob in the Therapy Tech with Rob and Roy podcast, and dear friend of Roy, will be welcomed as our acting CE program Director. We are honored to have Rob take this role, and grateful for his combination of technology, HIPAA, ethics, and clinical expertise that will help steward our CE program in continuing to fulfill its vital purpose.
Roy’s colleagues and friends have offered support in ensuring the purpose of our CE program continues to be served, and we are excited to offer new compelling, topical, and timely presentations from so many tremendous colleagues.
You can look forward to the following topics in the coming year:
- 2022 HIPAA Privacy Rule Changes with Eric Ström, JD PhD LMHC, of Ström Consulting
- Private Practice Preparedness, Professional Wills and Planning with Rob Reinhardt, LPCS, M.Ed., NCC
- “What Happens When We Die — How to Prepare for Group Practice Afterlife” with Ken Urie, LMHC, group practice success coach at Group Practice Success, founder and executive director of Mill Creek Family Services group practice
- Ethical and Creative Supervision with Students and Associates with Dr Tara Sanderson, PsyD, MBA, Supervisor, Author and Group Practice Owner
- Documentation with Dr. Melissa Hall, the “documentation diva” and founder of QA Prep
- Group Practice Leadership with Maureen Werrbach, LCPC, founder of the Group Practice Exchange
- Telehealth Insurance Billing and Coverage with Barbara Griswold, LMFT, of Navigating the Insurance Maze
and many more!
And, of course, our readily accessible current catalog of on-demand CE training is quite robust — including both foundational trainings on HIPAA security, privacy ethics, effective tech utilization, our Telemental Health Certificate Program, and curated topical trainings.
We will continue to add additional information to this page as more details and specifics are finalized. In the meantime, please know that we are truly committed to continuing to serve your practice needs. We have the resources in knowledge, experience, infrastructure, and collaborative partnerships to not just maintain and survive but to continue to optimize and thrive in the ways we serve you and your practice needs.