2019 is coming in like a lion, I tell ya!
Besides Polar Vortices and underwhelming Snowmaggedons (that was us here in the Pacific NW), there’s some big stuff brewing this year in the world of HIPAA privacy and text messaging security.
- The HIPAA People (the OCR) are gearing up for significant changes to HIPAA’s Privacy Rule.
- The FCC has made changes to the classification of SMS texting that render text messages fair game for phone companies to read and manipulate.
- A lot more cloud service providers are getting really interested in selling their products to mental health practices — with or without sufficient legal or ethical safeguards.
To help you get updated and get ready, we’ve made a 6-hour CE bundle with topics centered around our 2019 Security and Privacy update presentation. We even gave you a bit of a discount on it all!
These CE presentation replays are normally just for PCT members as part of their benefits package. But for the rest of February only, they are available to all!
(Of course they will remain in your My Courses library indefinitely if you purchase them — they won’t disappear when March comes blowing in!)
Here’s the list of courses which are included in the bundle. Each course is 1 CE hour and covers a topic related to the 2019 Security and Privacy update. Enjoy!
- 2019 Therapists’ Security and Privacy Update for Mental Health Practice
- Legally Practicing Across Borders: A Detailed Survey of Interstate and International Mental Health Practice
- Using Online Disinhibition Effect for Good in Telemental Health
- How to Text with Your Clients Session 1: Ethics, Safety & HIPAA Compliance
- How to Text with Your Clients Session 2: Boundaries, Professionalism, and Competence
- How to Identify HIPAA Protected Health Information: Finding Your Clients’ Sensitive Information Wherever It Goes