Welcome solo and group practice owners! We are Liath Dalton and Evan Dumas, your co-hosts of Group Practice Tech.
In our latest episode, we discuss the recent LastPass password manager data breach and what impacted users can do.
We discuss the extent of the breach; options for LastPass users (changing all of your passwords, switching to a different service); being wary of phishing attacks after data breaches; security reminders; spotting social engineering attacks; creating strong passwords; changing default security settings; how to approach changing years’ worth of passwords; our recommendations for password managers; whether BAAs are necessary with password managers; and contingency planning.
- Change password strength requirement rules on Last Pass, to 310,000, how-to article [recommended for ALL Last Pass users]
- Article on the LastPass breach
- Security Awareness assignable staff training: HIPAA Security Topical Trainings Grab-Bag
- PCT’S HIPAA-Security Awareness Meme-Minders (free!)
- PCT’s Group Practice Care Premium service with Group Practice Office Hours direct support and consultation service