Welcome solo and group practice owners! We are Liath Dalton and Evan Dumas, your co-hosts of Group Practice Tech.
In our latest episode, we’re talking about AI use in a group practice setting.
We discuss the ways that AI can impact group practices; risk analysis considerations; ways that AI is already utilized that you may not be aware of; setting explicit policies around AI; vetting whether AI services have access to PHI; steps to take when implementing HIPAA appropriate AI services; and our upcoming training with Eric Ström on navigating the legal and ethical guidelines of AI use for mental health practitioners.
- PCT CE training: The Evolving Legal-Ethical Standard of Care for the Clinical Use of Artificial Intelligence in Mental Health Live on June 15th, On-Demand Self Study thereafter
- Gain insights into the benefits and challenges of incorporating AI technologies into their practice, understand the clinical implications, and learn how to navigate legal and ethical guidelines while maintaining compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Presenter Eric Ström, JD PhD LMHC, brings a unique voice to the discourse around AI. He is an AMHCA ethics committee member, and the ethics advisor for the Washington Mental Health Counselors Association. Eric has taught a range of courses in counseling and professional ethics at a variety of graduate and undergraduate programs.
- PCT On-Demand CE training: Modern Progress Notes: Considerations for Teletherapy, Insurance Audits, and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Modern documentation requires adaptivity and new strategies to manage things like electronic records, insurance audits, teletherapy sessions, and even artificial intelligence (AI). But what is ethical, safe and wise to implement in your practice? Join Dr. Maelisa McCaffrey (Hall) of QA Prep to address common considerations and learn new strategies for coping with notes in our modern era.
- PCT’s Group Practice Care Premium service with direct support & consultation service, Group Practice Office Hours, for group practice leaders plus:
- Assignable staff HIPAA Security Awareness: Remote Workspaces training for all team members
- Access to Remote Workspace Center with step-by-step tutorials & registration forms for securing documenting Remote Workspaces Assignable staff HIPAA Security Awareness: Bring Your Own Device training
- Access to Device Security Center with step-by-step device-specific tutorials & registration forms for securing documenting personal & practice-provided devices
- PCT’s HIPAA Risk Analysis & Risk Mitigation Planning service for mental health group practices — care for your practice using our supportive, shame-free risk analysis and mitigation planning service. You’ll have your Risk Analysis done within 2 hours, performed by a PCT consultant, using a tool built specifically for mental health group practice, and a mitigation checklist to help you reduce your risks.
- PCT’s HIPAA Manual for Group Practices — soon to include a Policy insert on the legal-ethical and appropriate utilization of AI in your mental health group practice.