Telehealth Billing in the Age of COVID-19: Self Study
Industry Expert Barbara Griswold, LMFT of Navigating the Insurance Maze, presents a full one-hour training that provides the latest information about billing insurance for video and phone teletherapy sessions during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Barbara addresses our most frequently asked and need-to-know questions about teletherapy insurance billing:
- How do I code teletherapy? We discuss coding, including CPT codes, Place of Service Codes, and Modifiers.
- What do I ask the health plan? Find out what (and how!) to ask the health plan when verifying coverage, and where to get information if you can’t get through to the plan provider.
- What else have I missed? We share little-known documentation requirements for teletherapy that many clinicians have missed.
Will copayments be waived? One of the most frequently asked questions! We address this in full, so you know exactly how to handle copayments.
- Can we see a client in another state? We go over how to tell if you can see a client in another state and the relevant insurance coverage considerations.
- What if I give up my office? Navigating the COVID landscape means many things- including some tough decisions. We share everything we know about managing these tough calls moving forward.