Telemental Health Basic Starter Pack
In response to the increased need for speedy startup of telemental health practice, we offer this quickstart-focused, abridged version of our Telemental Health program from one of the United States’ top experts: Roy Huggins, LPC NCC.
Complete our 6 courses comprised of 8 CE Credit Hours
Download the template forms and customize them based on what you learn in the courses.
Choose your software setup and start taking in-person clients online.
Who is This Starter Pack For?
This program may be appropriate if:
- You are in solo practice.
- You only plan to do TMH work with existing, in-person clients.
- You will only be working with clients who are located in your state/jurisdiction of licensure during sessions.
- You already have an idea of how you will get reimbursed for telemental health services.
This program may not be sufficiently thorough if:
- You own/operate a group practice. See our group TMH program here.
- You wish to use the program as evidence of telemental health training that covers the full standard of care.
- You wish to “hang a shingle” as an online therapist and see clients entirely online.
- You will work online with Medicare clients or clients housed in clinics, care homes, or other “originating sites” during sessions.
- You need to learn how to make your practice HIPAA Security compliant.
- You want live support from PCT through Office Hours. (You can purchase access to our live Office Hours webinars a la carte, however.)
- Video Presentation Skills
- Clinical theories around working by video
- Safety and Crisis Planning
- Client Orientation Needs
- Informed Consent Needs
- Using email, texting, and phone services ethically and legally
- Using online video services ethically and legally
- Using Your Website in Telemental Health Practice
The Resources Included in This Program
Click each box below to learn more about what’s included.
Constituent Course Brochures
The program is made up of 6 constituent courses comprising a total of 8 CE credit hours. Use the links below to browse the course brochures:
- Practicing via Telemental Health III: The Clinician-Client Relationship
- Video Presentation Skills in Telemental Health, Both Basic and Intermediate
- HIPAA Security Compliance in Mental Health, a Guided Reading
- Ethical & HIPAA Compliant Decisions for Internet Phone & Secure Email in Your Practice
- How to Text with Your Clients Session 1: Ethics, Safety & HIPAA Compliance
- Ethical and HIPAA-Compliant Web Presence Episode 1: Therapist Websites and Practice Profiles
Included Forms and Resources
Program registration includes a large array of forms and other resources to help you operate your telemental health practice. Here is a list of those forms and resources:
- Special Informed Consent Form
- Full Telemental Health Practice Checklist Booklet (the same booklet which is included with the full certificate program)
- Tech Recovery and Safety Plan Form
- Session Special Documentation Form
- New Client Form
See the Full Certificate Program Brochure
Do you think you might be looking for a more comprehensive telemental health training program?
Do you want to receive our certification badge to prove you are ready for full, independent telemental health practice?
Check out the brochure for our full Telemental Health Certification Program.
Register for the Program Now
8 CE Credit Hours
Telemental health forms and checklist
Abridged version of our telemental health standards-centered education
Focused on private practitioners working via online video (and some phone)
Education from a nationally-recognized expert