Telemental Health Basic Starter Pack
The Telemental Health Basic Starter Pack is intended to help therapists get started quickly with standards-compliant telemental health practice under the most common circumstances where a therapist wants to get started quickly.
This program may be appropriate if:
- You are in solo practice.
- You only plan to do TMH work with existing, in-person clients.
- You will only be working with clients who are located in your state/jurisdiction of licensure during sessions.
- You already have an idea of how you will get reimbursed for telemental health services.
This program may not be sufficiently thorough if:
- You own/operate a group practice. See our group TMH program here.
- You wish to use the program as evidence of telemental health training that covers the full standard of care.
- You wish to “hang a shingle” as an online therapist and see clients entirely online.
- You will work online with Medicare clients or clients housed in clinics, care homes, or other “originating sites” during sessions.
- You need to learn how to make your practice HIPAA Security compliant.
- You want live support from PCT through Office Hours. (You can purchase access to our live Office Hours webinars a la carte, however.)
If this program appears to be insufficient for your needs, see our full Telemental Health Certificate Program.
This pack includes the following materials and courses:
- Telemental Health Forms and Checklists Pack
- Special Informed Consent Form
- Full Telemental Health Practice Checklist Booklet
- Tech Recovery and Safety Plan Form
- Session Special Documentation Form
- New Client Form
- Practicing via Telemental Health III: The Clinician-Client Relationship
- Video Presentation Skills in Telemental Health, Both Basic and Intermediate
- HIPAA Security Compliance in Mental Health, a Guided Reading
- Ethical & HIPAA Compliant Decisions for Internet Phone & Secure Email in Your Practice
- How to Text with Your Clients Session 1: Ethics, Safety & HIPAA Compliance
- Ethical and HIPAA-Compliant Web Presence Episode 1: Therapist Websites and Practice Profiles